Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happiness


Happiness is a mental state of well-being characterized by positive emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.[1] A variety of biological,psychologicalreligious, and philosophical approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources.
Positive psychology endeavors to apply the scientific method to answer questions about what "happiness" is, and how we might attain it.
Philosophers and religious thinkers often define happiness in terms of living a good life, or flourishing, rather than simply as an emotion.Happiness in this older sense was used to translate the Greek Eudaimonia, and is still used in virtue ethics.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness )

So what is happiness?  It is my belief that happiness is actually a non measure amount that differs to each and everyone of us, depending our  lives and beliefs.  The good thing about it, is that for me are very simple, ordinary and casualty daily small things that make the difference and make me happy :)

I keep wondering why people are not happy.... I guess that everybody have their own problems or thoughts that keep them in tense and in a stressfull condition, that not allowed them to enjoy that big, though small as measurement, gift called life.  We constantly complain about everything and keeping our selves under in a way of depression, strongly believing that every one else having better lives than us.  All i can say is that problems are mathematics and mathematics always have solutions!  Its an equation and no matter if you know mathematics or not ( like me, gosh how i hated maths back then on school days, i still count with my fingers xixixixixi ......... ), there is always a solution.  The real problem is that we do not spend actual time to find the solution.  There are very simple things to do, very rational, controversial to our feelings, that if you spend some time to find them you will end  the problem and hello hello you got your self with a problem less and already have a big smile in your beautiful face!  And for sure all that, gives you the strength and the confidence and the positive energy to go on and give you a chance of being happy!!!!!

We all have problems, minor or major, doesn't really matter, and will always have.  Just stop for a moment and think what really makes you happy..... Happiness for me is spending time with my friends, speaking to them for hours on the phone ( yeap , i never get over my old habits, the only thing change is that nowadays i don't have my parents threatening me on cutting the line, i just wait for the phone company to do it cause as always i didn't pay within the limits and even then there is always skype ;) ......... ) , having a walk to the town, enjoying the cuddles that my boyfriend and of course my dog giving me unconditionally, knowing that my family ( blood or non blood connected, as my friends are part of my family ) are well and healthy, enjoying every new experience coming in my life and to be really honest treating myself right, cause if i don't feel good ( in & out ), believe me i am a very mean person ( just for  a moment, but yet what life is? moments!!!!! ).  So as well with everything else, as a descent woman who have respect to her self, yes yes yes, shopping, visiting the hairdressing and so, makes me happy too ( nothing to be shamed, am a human, have my moments of weakness, i don't really care if my bank account is suffering :P )

Life is full of moments.  Try to make them as shiny and happy as possible.  That is all that stays along with pictures of reminding us every moment that passed and gave us a smile!  Keep next to you what and who really matters, there is no space of intruders violating our lives.  Love people that love you, that fill you up with positive energy, that will stay with you unconditionally.  Do what you need to do, enjoy a walk with a friend, pick up the phone and chit chat for hours,  go for a visit to a hairdresser      ( great hair make a difference! i am sure that all ladies agree with me ! ), treat yourself with small presents, be creative, keep your everyday life vivid!!!!!!!

So my minor contribution to a happy, shiny face to you all are my Shorties and their Stuff.  Small gifts from me to you :)  This is my gift came out of my creativity and my positive energy.  Love spending my time to be creative and keep my body and mind vigilance, rather than staying idly and complaining how life is not treating me well ........  Love your life, love your job, love your people and they will love you back!  All i know is that i am treated well and i am grateful!!!  


p.s this one goes to my very best friend, specially dedicated as she enlightened my inspiration.  Missing and thinking of you everyday!!!!!

p.s besides my Shorties may i suggest you a nice place you can visit if you ever been to Cyprus or if you are a residence there, that always cheer me up.  My favorite hairdressing studio that i really miss nowadays....  Check  D:fuse Hair Studio  @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dfuse-hair-studio/203609066322450







                                                                             new bracelets came out of my creativity......






                                                                                           and  necklaces too...





 



                                                                                                and earrings !!!!!




                                                                             Sparkle is here to sparkle up you life!


Love, 


Shorty


No comments: