Monday, September 19, 2011

fear

Fear from the Greek: φόβος,phóbos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear", is a distressing negative sensation induced by a perceived threat. It is a basic survival mechanism occurring in response to a specific stimulus, such as pain or the threat of danger. In short, fear is the ability to recognize danger leading to an urge to confront it or flee from it (also known as the Fight or Flight response) but in extreme cases of fear (terror) a freeze or paralysis response is possible. Some psychologists such as John B. Watson, Robert Plutchik, and Paul Ekman have suggested that fear belongs to a small set of basic or innate emotions. This set also includes such emotions as joy, sadness, and anger. Fear should be distinguished from the related emotional state of anxiety, which typically occurs without any certain or immediate external threat. Additionally, fear is frequently related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats which are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable.[1] Worth noting is that fear almost always relates to future events, such as worsening of a situation, or continuation of a situation that is unacceptable. Fear can also be an instant reaction to something presently happening.


( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear )


It's been almost a week since the last time i was here.  I guess i had an overdose traveling through my years of innocence in one hand and in another i spend a lot of thinking about the new era entering my life.  It's a hard deal for me to digest and absorb new elements in my life.  Changes always give me butterflies and tickles , sometimes even insomnia ..... ( hard thing to believe if you consider that my minimum sleeping hours per day are about 9-10 ! yes yes i know am a lazy creature love to cuddle with my bedsheets and pillows, yet with my dog, LOVE IT!!!!!! )


       
                                                                 My cuddling, lovable, precious dog, trying to be serious ... hilarious !!!!!!!!



But what is the real reason causing all that mess in my life?  I have a small suspicion on that, came out from my long week of digestion and redirection of my life. ( i also found out that too much thinking is very tiring, gosh! i prefer being out working 9-5 like the rest of " normal " people rather that exhausting my self in that rational way ..... how philosophers feel every day????????? very tired for sure, or not ? )
Anyway back to me ( how selfish :P ).  When the big bang of every person's birth arrive, is accompanied by feelings of anxiety and happiness and rash, as a new person wants to meet every new thing arise.  The magic begins that very fist moment of your birth, when you learn to breath to survive.  Then you learn to eat, walk, talk and then you want to explore everything around you, without any sense of fear.  As you grow up you are bombarded with so many new information you want to learn and live.  Again without any sign of fear.  You think that you are in a world that force you and limits you up of new experiences.  You are ready to pay any cost just to be at least 18 since day 1.  And then you think that you hold the whole world in your arms ( how great is that! ).  Suddenly after some years, not so many as you thought would be , when the prefix on your year turn to number 2 ( and then the worst part, when the other number next to 2 starts from 5 if you know what i mean ;p ), when the time has come and you have to make serious decisions about  your life, fear make his hollywood production premiere into your life and then you pray that maybe it would have been nice you stayed under age or in a minus number of age for a bit more......


Yes i decide that fear of the unknown is my worst of all.  Every time that any change comes in my life, even the smallest, gives me that feeling of nausea.  I am not afraid of handle it, cause i know that am capable of adapting easily, i have that great gift of fitting immediately.  I can make any place my place  ( how cool is that hah ? ) .  Still until that day arrives am suffering!  And i guess with that new era entering my world am a bit worried.  


My Shortie's are part of it, a huge one might say.  It's a whole new beginning for me and the combination of anxiety, luck of patience and the unknown result, killing me at the moment.  I am a dreamer, a big one yes!  And my dreams take me always a step ahead.  Thats the good thing.  I can' t stand the period needed ( theoretically cause practically there isn't any other choice ) to get there though. Y? Cause i am afraid if the result might not be the wanted one, at the time that i want it ( and yes am an impatient person too.... )   Afraid of the unknown so.........  So many things come into my mind right now, things that already pass or things that am afraid to live, but want it or not are so common into our lives that will happen eventually ...


Fear is a part of me after all, not?  So my Shorty's world is ready to enter your lives too and rock it the way that have done with mine.  Be kind and give them a home ;) and also be the good samaritans that transform my anxiety and my fear  into my shiny, happy shorty face ,yes?  :)


Go Shorties!!!!!!!!



Michel



Michel



Tally




         
Tally





p.s Michel and Tally are the newest members of Shorty's Gang.  Welcome aboard ladies!


p.s 2 Promising you that my next post won't be either that long or so philosophical ( or not that much anyway ha ha ha )






Love,


Shorty

No comments: